WHY I WEAR MAKEUP

Wednesday 14 March 2018




I've been wearing makeup for a long time, I remember the days where I was thirteen and I had just discovered Jaclyn Hill. I was obsessed with makeup, didn't wear a ton of it but I loved experimenting then washing it off.

Nowadays I wear makeup a few times a week, sometimes not at all. I used to wear it a whole ton more. I used to be so insecure I couldn't even think about running out the door without makeup and this was when I was fourteen, FOURTEEN.

Why do young girls nowadays feel so insecure they have to put makeup on? Now I am not saying this is why ALL young girls wear it but it can be because boys and other girls bully others. If they have acne, teenagers can be so mean to other teenagers. Being bullied isn't easy and makeup becomes like a mask, its easy to hide behind it.

I remember when I didn't have a lot of money so I used to buy my foundation out of Poundland. It might be a tad better nowadays but a few years ago it really wasn't good and I still don't recommend buying your foundation out of there. I was desperate though. I couldn't not wear foundation. Now I wish I didn't wear foundation when I was so young. It really does clog up your pores.

Nowadays, it is a bit more of a happy experience to put on my makeup. I have become way more comfortable and most days I go outside with none on my face. Even so when I do put on makeup it's because I genuinely want to put a little effort with my appearance today. I really enjoy just sitting there and experimenting

Makeup can be such a creative outlet, it's another form of art but instead of it being on a canvas your face is the canvas. I see such creative looks on Instagram and Youtube, I am always shocked with people's creativity and their blending, I wish I could blend like a pro.

In no way in this post am I saying I don't like when people use makeup to hide their acne or because they are insecure. If you use it for that then, I think it's totally fine and I can understand why. I just also think we shouldn't have insecurities, but society makes us that way. I feel like everyone should just be able to be themselves and do what they like without anyone judging them.

What do you think about makeup? Do you wear it or don't you? If you do tell me why in the comments and if you don't let me know why too.

Thank you for reading,
Rebecca Elaine x

5 comments

  1. YESS this post really speaks to me!! I wear make up to work for a different readon why I wear make up to go out with my friends and boyfriend. No more judging!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started wearing make up from 13/14. I was a grunger back then and very into rock music (still am!) so dark eyes were a must for me and my friends! I don't have any opinions on make up really; if you want to wear it, do. If you don't, don't. I rarely wear it now, unless I'm going out!

    Jenny
    http://www.jennyinneverland.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love wearing make up, it is such an incredible way to express yourself too!

    Love, Amie ❤
    The Curvaceous Vegan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wearing make up since I was around 12/13. At the time it was because I had horrible acne and was so self-conscious. I still wear it every day these days, just because I love wearing it! I wear it to express myself, and as a way to cope with my anxiety when I am having a bad day as it's like I have put on my war paint and I am ready to face the day! xo
    Sian | www.siankathrine.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Most days at work I don't wear makeup now, unless I'm going for a meeting - I think my skin reacts to some of it which is a shame. I don't really experiment at all, I'm very much at the beginner stage with just foundation, a bit of blusher and some mascara. I'm 22 and don't really care all that much for makeup really, but I appreciate those who do!

    Amy | hookedonthemusic.com

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© RebeccaxElaine. Design by FCD.