HOW I BULLET JOURNAL

Monday 5 March 2018






...(the easy way). Bullet journals have became such a big thing in the past year or two. I tried to hop on the train last year but it just didn't happen for me. I was trying to copy people's layouts who are clearly talented and creative, me not so much. I just like things simple. I like to do lists for everyday and trackers. So that's basically what my bullet journal has become. I suppose I use it for to do lists and to keep memories.





I bought the navy bullet journal back in December and I tried to start my bullet journal in January, complete fail as you can see as I went straight on to February, which no surprise I failed at as well. March however is looking way more promising. I started using my bullet journal late last month and since then I have worked out how I am going to be using it and I am super happy with it.





Going back to the start, I used the first page to put a key in. I think it's pretty self explanatory from the picture on what it all means. It just helps for when appointments or tasks are moved to another day then you can show that easily.





Then I have put a monthly calendar in, just to show specific dates. Such as birthdays, special occasions, uni deadlines etc... so I can be ultra prepared.





Next area of my bullet journal is I have added a bit for my blog posts. So when I am going to post a blog post and what it is. Just so I can be prepared and keep note of when I uploaded a post. I didn't post any posts in January or February (oops) so they are bare but March should be a tad better. I have used 12 pages for this, one for every month.





For February, the only page I have used is a 'my diary' sort of pages. Where I just put a souvenir or photos from a date which a significant thing happened on, just to keep a little memory of it. The only significant thing that happened in February was that for Valentines Day (which me and my boyfriend celebrated the day after as I had uni on the day of) was we went to Deep Sea World. I found the train ticket from on the way back and thought I would put it in the bullet journal just so I can keep it and have memories. I also leave pages in which I am doing something significant from my everyday layout which you will see later, but as you can see I have left the 17th March as I have something super exciting going on in that date, so I can document it.




Next for March for the title page I have decided to keep it super simple. I have decided to write a quote I like every single day on it. It should become super cluttered and just a bit random. 




In the next page of March I have what I call my Habit Tracker. Where I have put little monthly goals I want to achieve most days. I just cross them off every day I have done them so at the end of the month I can see how well I have done.




My normal layout which I use everyday. I do Monday to Wednesday separately, These are the days at uni so I usually have specific tasks I want to achieve on those days. I put Thursday and Friday together as I don't have uni these days so don't usually need anything done for those days. So I just pick and choose what I want to do but you can totally customise this and put all five days in, just whenever you need. At the end of each week I also write a summary of each week just to keep a little memory of anything that significant that happened that week, that might not need a whole page to itself. I used washi tape which I found in The Works but you can get it from so many places such as Amazon and I stuck it into my bullet journal and wrote over it in a felt tip for the dates, got to add some creativeness into it, I suppose.

That's it, super simple and super easy. Doesn't take a full day just to do a bullet journal which some people's do. If you like it that way then go that way but for me this is just the best way that I have found and I shall keep doing it this way unless I find a better way.

Thank you for reading. Do you have a bullet journal? If not, would you ever consider getting one?
Rebecca Elaine x

6 comments

  1. I love my bullet journal! It honestly makes my life much eaiser and I feel organied!

    Love, Amie ❤
    The Curvaceous Vegan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these types of blog posts, I've just started using my bullet journal again and feel so organised and on plan with it. Thank you for sharing 🌸✨

    With love, Alisha Valerie x | www.alishavalerie.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bullet journal is so pretty! I attempted to start a bullet journal at the beginning of the year but all the "arty" stuff didn't work for me so it's basically just a glorified blogging planner. But it works well :)

    Jenny
    http://www.jennyinneverland.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love bullet journals I love seeing them being made and all the progression throughout the months and year. I don’t have enough time to even start one

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks fab! I'm the same as you - I have a very specific idea of how I'd want a bullet journal to look but I can never quite achieve it, plus I don't really have the time to put in to creating one! So I'm just sticking with my diary for now I think! xo
    Sian | www.siankathrine.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's impressive. I don't think I could ever do it, I have enough to keep up with. I might give it a go, but we'll see. I can see how it works for people though.

    Amy | hookedonthemusic.com

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© RebeccaxElaine. Design by FCD.