5 BOOKS ON MY READING LIST

Thursday 8 March 2018




As you may know I love books. I blog about books and all of that but what you might not know is I find it really hard to start reading a book and getting into it. This being said, I am this month making a conscious effort to just start reading a damn book. So, I thought I'd share 5 books that I want to read in the next upcoming months. I will do a separate post for all these books reviewing them once I have read them.




The Power by Naomi Alderman

From the blurb, the book seems like it is all about women having control over men. Women find out they have a power and the men in the world have lost control. I find this a quite empowering storyline, especially with society nowadays. It plays with the thought of what would happen to the world if we women were more powerful than men. Obviously, us feminists don't find this a goal as we want equality but it would be interesting to see what it would be like if things suddenly flipped. I will say that I have started reading this book and got about a quarter way through it and for months haven't picked it up since, this doesn't mean its bad. The bits I read were actually really good. I just have a habit of forgetting about books.




The Sellout by Paul Beatty

This book is meant to be hilarious. From what I have gathered from the blurb it is about a young man who's father is killed in a police shoot out and he isn't left with a lot of money, only enough for a 'drive-through' funeral. The book is meant to just hit all the stereotypes found in America around race. I am super excited to read this one, as this is a big debate going on in America.




4321 by Paul Auster

This book is going to be a hefty read. The font is small and it has about 1100 pages in it. It is about a man named Ferguson growing up in the mid-twentieth century in America that I have gathered just from the blurb and about his four different journeys and paths in life. This book is the one book I am most excited to read, not only because it sounds really good and interesting but I will feel so proud of myself that I can make it through the amount of words and pages in this book.




The Unground Railroad by Colson Whitehead

I actually heard about this book from a youtuber and blogger who goes by the name Sunbeamsjess, she had done a video as she often does of the books she read that month and she spoke about this one and ever since, I have been wanting to give it read. Also, I find it very cool that the President (oh how I wish he still was) Barack Obama has read it and gave it a little review. This book is about a slave named Cora and her journey to trying to escape via the Unground Railroad. Anything with a bit of history to it I will love so I am very excited to give this one a read.




The Humans by Matt Haig

This book I actually got free in uni and any book I can get free is a win for me. Since then I have actually seen a lot of Matt Haig's books in shops. This one I started reading a little bit of and I will continue. It is about this Professor, Andrew Martin and how everyday things have become confusing to him. We find out who he really is and what's been going on. So far, I am loving the writing style and have found it super hilarious but I will give a full review soon enough.

These are the five books currently on my reading list. So excited to get stuck in. Are you a reader? If so what book are you currently reading or what's one book you'd really like to read? I'm asking that because I'm really in the need for some book suggestions.

Thank you for reading,
Rebecca Elaine x



6 comments

  1. All of these books sounds wonderful babe, The Sellout really sounds like something I may enjoy. Thank you for sharing 🌸✨

    With love, Alisha Valerie x | www.alishavalerie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone seems to be reading Power at the moment! I’ve heard mixed things. I haven’t read any of these but hope you enjoy!

    Jenny
    http://www.jennyinneverland.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really wanna read the Underground Railroad! I’ve heard so many good things about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to add some of these to my list of books to buy! I have so many on my reading list right now, but I always need new books!

    Love, Amie ❤
    The Curvaceous Vegan

    ReplyDelete
  5. These sound like some fab picks! I'm always on the lookout for new books but I still have so many to read! xo
    Sian | www.siankathrine.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've got a growing wishlist of books, despite not having finished the two currently on my bedside table. The 4 3 2 1 cover is gorgeous! I need to add these to my list.

    Amy | hookedonthemusic.com

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© RebeccaxElaine. Design by FCD.