My 2018 Goals

Tuesday 2 January 2018




Where the heck did 2017 go? How are we here already? Life is becoming shorter by the minute. How morbid was that sentence though? Well, to make things a little more positive, I thought I would tell you all about my goals for 2018. I would call these New Years Resolutions but that phrase leaves a bad taste in my mouth, I feel as though it has a bad connotation behind it, it feels as though you are more likely to fail them if you call them that, so I am not. Here are 20 goals that I am eager to achieve in the upcoming year. Some bigger than the others. 

GOAL #1 GROW MY HAIR

I'm always moaning that I hate my hair short and I want it long and then a month later what do I go and do? I cut it short. Damn, I am so indecisive. However, at the end of 2018 hopefully I'll have long hair and wont have cut it again.

GOAL #2 READ 30 BOOKS
I really want book reviews to be a big part of my blog next year so I want to have a new review out maybe every third week, that involves a lot of reading.  Despite liking reading though I do find it hard to motivate myself to, so hopefully this one I will stick to. It may be hard whilst uni gets busy but I'll try.

GOAL #3 POST A NEW BLOG POST EVERY WEEK
In order for me to achieve what I want to with this blog, I really have to post regularly.

GOAL #4 GO TO EVERY LECTURE AND TUTORIAL
This is a uni-based one. I was one of those people in uni where if I was tired I would skip the lecture and just read it at home, but not this year. 

GOAL #5 GETTING MY DIET IN CONTROL
My diet last year, wasn't great. I was out of control binging and then hardly eating. This year I am going to be in control and I am going to eat healthy but also allow for a treat every now and then.

GOAL #6 EXERCISE AT LEAST THREE TIMES A WEEK
This is probably on everyone's goals for 2018 but I really want to achieve this one. I want to exercise at least twice a week. I know when I start I won't stop unless I skip the day. So no skipping!!!

GOAL #7 START MY WORK AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE
I am the biggest procrastinator in the whole entire world! I want to be so organised and have a diary and start my essays, the reading and work that I have to do as soon as possible. This one I am skeptical about but a girl can always try.

GOAL #8 NOT TO SPOIL ANY SHOWS FOR MYSELF
This one comes as a recommendation from my best friend Jordan as I have a habit to find out so many spoilers about a tv series or show. I am always accidentally finding a spoiler and I really don't know how I do it but I do and he and I know I need to stop. I found out all the big Greys Anatomy spoilers before I had even gotten through season 1 (which I won't spoil for you because if you haven't watched it YOU BLOODY SHOULD!)

GOAL #9 TO REACH 1200 TWITTER FOLLOWERS & 100 FOLLOWERS ON BLOGLOVIN
Being at 870 followers before 2017 has even ended, I feel like this is a manageable goal.

GOAL #10 TO BE MORE ORGANISED
This one goes with starting work as early as possible but I want to constantly have a clean work space and just not be rushing for anything. 

GOAL #11 TO STOP PICKING MY NAILS
I have never been a nail biter in my life but I do tend to have the habit if I am bored or anxious I will pick at them until I have no tips, this year I am determined to stop it and grow them long and healthy. 


GOAL #12 CUT OUT FIZZY DRINK 

These past few months I have become aware of how my body feels when I drink fizzy juice and usually afterwards I will feel horrendous. So, this year I vow to drink only water unless I have an event on and then I may allow myself for one night enjoy an Irn Bru.


GOAL #13 WAKE UP AT 7AM EVERY WEEKDAY AND 10AM ON WEEKENDS

I am not a morning person in the slightest, so this might be difficult but with my uni schedule being early mornings, I want to get into a routine so it can become much less difficult to get up in the mornings. 


GOAL #14 DO YOGA AT LEAST TWICE A WEEK

I have had the worst back pains for a few years now and in 2017 it had become increasingly worse. So this year, I am going to try and stretch it out with some yoga and see if that helps. 


GOAL #15 LIVE MORE OF A MINIMALIST LIFE

I find that over the years I accumulate a lot of rubbish that I do not need and hold on to it, even though I haven't used it in the past two years. In 2018 I want to buy less and only keep things I need and use them until they can't be used no more.


GOAL #16 EAT MORE VEGETABLES AND FRUIT 

My diet was vile in 2017, absolutely vile. This year, my diet will be the best. With a treat every now and then and a takeaway once a month. The rest of the time I will have at least one vegetable with every dinner and fruit for snacks.

GOAL #17 COME UP WITH NOVEL IDEAS 
One day I want to be able to say I am a published author. Although, with uni I have no time to sit and write a novel, this year I do want to be able to come up with some ideas that in three years time I could use for when I begin writing. 

GOAL #18 GET INTO JOURNALLING
Bullet, dream and memory journalling. I want to be able to look back on them and my memories of years in the future. 

GOAL #19 TO TAKE MORE PICTURES 
This one goes along with journalling. I very rarely take pictures. However, I always wish I had for memories. So this year I shall take more pictures and I will print them off and put them into my memory journal. 

GOAL #20 HAVE MORE WILLPOWER
Last one is for my most important goal. I give in to easy, I have no willpower whatsoever. 2018 is my year. I am going to have a voice and I am going to become confident and I will stick to the things that I want to pursue. It won't be easy but by the end of 2018, I will be a better person. 



4 comments

  1. Good luck with your goals this year my lovely, I know you can do this!

    Love, Amie ❤
    The Curvaceous Vegan

    ReplyDelete
  2. These goals are lovely i defo think you’ll be able to smash them all! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you so much luck with your goals darling, I'm more than sure that you're going to achieve everything you set your mind too. Sending you so much love and happiness. πŸŒΈπŸ’—✨

    With love, Alisha Valerie. x
    www.alishavalerie.com | www.twitter.com/alishavalerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bloody love these goals! I can certainly resonate with some of them. I need to stop picking my nails too, they’re honest revolting but I have such an obsession and I’ve been picking them since I was little ugh! I do yoga daily and it’s an absolute god send. If you have back pain, try Yoga With Adriene on YouTube as she has some specific videos for back pain! I use her lower back pain video occasionally and it feels amazing.

    Jenny
    http://www.jennyinneverland.com

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© RebeccaxElaine. Design by FCD.